Friday, November 4, 2016

Ordinary but special

Ok, I may be stretching out on a limb here for a highlight of the Santa Lot today but hear me out. Sometimes, it doesn't have to be flashy to be something that should stand out - ordinary, but still special.

Highlights:

We have seen a number of the base cards from 2007 Topps footbal, and here are some more. Yes these are base cards, and are "nothing special", but a solid base set design, solid line up of players, and all around good set of cards shouldn't be ignored just because they are not serial numbered, or autographed, or parallel of the base set. Some times it is great to appreciate the simple...the base...just thought it was worth bringing up at least this once. I am sure everyone has a base set or deign they enjoy and appreciate. As much as I don't collect football, I can appreciate why some would collect Topps base sets such as this.

The rest
Keepers:

Holy Coyote! I know, Boynton is a Panther here, even if his jersey says otherwise!

Traders:

Hey Ken Norton...I would have liked to get a card of his father more, but can appreciate he had a great NFL careen. Although I did get some 2008-09 O Pee Chee hockey I needed, also some dupes here. I will need to see a lot more of these if I am going to get anywhere near completion on the massive set...

Through 4760 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- 2 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 90 8
Inserts / Var Kept 142 24
Error 11 1
Keep 1187 144
Doubles/Sell 574 28 989 1122 239 22
Doubles Inserts / Var 55 1 60 63

No comments:

Post a Comment