Thursday, March 30, 2017

Catching up and Creeping

Work has been crazy busy lately - plenty of March deadlines and April is busy with personal tax, s the fact I have had to deal with two colds and now an eye infection (thanks to my daughter) it has not been a great last week or so, but enough is enough and it's time for a change!

Wrestlemania 33 this Sunday woo hoo! Plenty of good, as it is a great time to get together with my brother and cousin to watch (and bet - because that makes it even a little bit more interesting), and usually an entertain show overall, so looking forward to it. I will say, with the kickoff show starting at 5pm EST and with the possible overrun like last year making the entire event over 6 hours (closer to seven), it can get exhaustive! Still a fun time to be had with family, pizza, betting, and chips - should be great.

Oh, and just to give a sense - the "betting" consists of us each throwing $20 (Canadian) in, so we are only talking $60 (Canadian) - so like $45US I guess, but we are hardcore enough to have the bets be essentially best call of the match (winner, how, and time of the match). Yeah, still way too into wrestling, but that is fine with me. It is this entertainment I get out of it that is why I keep considering getting into wrestling card collecting more seriously.

Anyway, on a more card related topic, I have seen the 30 days of cards blogging starting around, and I love the idea, but with a quick look through the list, the posts would be a bit exhaustive and unfortunately I don't have the time to do it right, but I will pocket the ideas for future posts I think.

If you came here for cards - not to be disappointed, let's peek at some more Santa Lot cards....

Highlights:
Slowly going on this set with a couple more adds. I like the horizontal pose use in this case with the action shot used.

The rest
Keepers:
A light day unfortunately, getting just the one more add.

Traders:


Some nice quality 2007 Topps football cards, including about 5 new to me cards. I have mentioned before, liking the base set "inserts" of league leaders and all pros.

A quick day today, and nothing overly exciting, but we will have to see tomorrow if we can do a bit better.

Through 7200 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 115 12
Inserts / Var Kept 272 30
Error 15 2
Keep 1509 216
Doubles/Sell 997 134 1195 2128 257 27
Doubles Inserts / Var 89 1 94 107

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in WrestleMania this Sunday, but I'll only be following along online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I went in on the network right after it was available in Canada since we would otherwise buy WM anyway, so the cost made sense.

      Delete