Sunday, October 1, 2017

Whatcha Got - Gangster Leafs

Been a while since I took a look at something in my collection and just shared it on here. I was recently rearranging the collectibles on the wall and took down the 16 5 by 7 photos of Leafs I had up. They were up for a number of years, well before I ever got 5 by 7 Ultra Pro pocket pages.

I took the opportunity in taking them down to scan them (add them to TCDB) before putting them in pages.

I had never looked before, but this isn't a complete set as I have 16 of the 24 out there, and I have no idea where they came from.

































These are the 1993-94 Toronto Maple Leaf Action Photos.  On one side, a nice in game action shot, on the other side....the best mobster poses ever! 

I don't know where the inspiration came from, but these are all kinds of awesome, and man, does Doug give look like a boss in his or what? 

Although I did an okay job with putting them on the wall (blue tack with the photo protected by painters tape) the gangster photos are a bit darkened where the tape was. With the black and white photos, not too visible, and really doesn't matter much as they are not going anywhere.

My only small complaint is that without a printed name anywhere,  might be a bit of research for someone else who doesn't recognize the player.

Well, hope you enjoy their quirkiness as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Those gangster photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One question they left me with was - how did Mike Gartner get out of wearing a hat? I know his hair deserves to be shown, but of these - the only one without one....

      Delete