Thursday, November 22, 2018

CNE Pack #18 - For Whom The Bell Tolls

The last 10 packs or so from the CNE, I picked up because there was a Toronto Blue Jay or Toronto Maple Leaf card showing, and that ensured there was at least one card to add to the collection.



Yeah, not a new one, and I have talked before about Derek not quite being all that he was hyped to be, but still a Jay card! The down side, which I knew looking at the pack, was that there was more 1991 Donruss, which I know I didn't need.



What I didn't know was there were some 1991-92 O Pee Chee Premier cards in the bunch. This is a set, not quite on my hit list of things to complete, as I have about two thirds of the set, but still, a few pickups were nice...



The others which I didn't need...



Lastly, there was an insert in the pack! I doubt that was done on purpose, but a glossy parallel works for me...



With the Score hockey sets in the early 2010s, I do appreciate the glossy parallel. It is simple, but definitely I prefer it for the look and feel over the base matte set. I think that's just personal taste though - I feel the same way about photos as well - you know - when people actually print photographs to hang in picture frames...

Quick tangent to end on....I have how hard it is now to print photos. Walmart in Canada use to have the online service which was easy, and could be done quickly at home. That went a couple years ago, now you hae to go in store with a USB key. The other option really is Costco, but I haven't liked their online program for it, though the cost is okay. The result - I haven't printed photos for a couple years....tikes! I am going to hate the bill when I do a catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment