Sunday, February 17, 2019

Pack Attack - 1996-97 Pinnacle Mint Hockey

Today, we open a pack I have never opened before...



There are only two cards to go with the one coin, and since I don't really care about the coins, that's reason why I haven't bothered much with these packs, but, now is as good a time as ever I guess. I will say, you can feel the plastic holder for the coin in the pack, so I give them full marks on packaging before opening this up.

So, odds of getting something interesting (see - "hits"), seem to be about 1 in 20 packs at best, so with the number of different items, let's call it one in 17 or 18 packs for the coins that are not just base brass.

Let;s see how I fair, and take a good look at these cards...



Always nice when you get a checklist added in. As you can see, being a Toronto fan, I have 2 in 30 that I really care about.

As for the coin...

Base brass, but a nice Iginla which does a decent job on the look of him.

As for the to cards...


Nice! I didn't have Mats here, the base version with a hole for the coin (which I do not yet have), and a bronze parallel of Johnny, so keep that as an insert. A good little pack. Heck, the plastic insert was a win too because it holds a coin well, and I have the Mats coin from 1997'98 which needed something nice to put it in, so there we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment