Saturday, September 5, 2020

A Bit Spotty

I enjoy collecting error cards as a side collection in the hobby. I am not necessarily a fan of purposeful errors, but will collecting them and variations, etc. As such, I have plenty of 1990-91 Pro Set cards on top of the complete set since most of the set had errors or variations, whether fixed or not.

One thing I don't overly worry about is ink issues. What I mean is, there can be slight changes in the colour based on the ink levels for the cards. A good example would be Donruss baseball cards for the late 80s or early 90s. For example, 1991 Donruss, the blue and green of the two series were a couple different colours and anywhere in between, but I take inking levels as a nothing special.

Then again, when they are this obvious, I'll keep them as an error.



Blatantly obvious on this one, I am surprised it didn't get caught in quality control (is there, or was there, quality control?). Doesn't take away from the card really, but definitely noticeable as dead centre on the card.


All in, the base designs are fine. Nothing too flashy, and I do have a couple problems with them, but overall...okay. I wish they would use different pictures as the front uses two images from the same shot, and the back uses the same shot as well. TO me, that's a missed opportunity. Also, the double impage on the front just takes up too much with the side bar and the name section, would rather have a bit more picture.

Another all new pack though, with a bit of extra ink to boot.

2 Packs, 20 Cards, 63 Points

Another share for today is a trade with another new trade partner at TCDB - NR78. ANother nice little PWE bringing some Leaf related cards my way.


A whole bunch of 2010-11 Score cards and a single Panini Molson Stanley Cup Collection card. I like the simplicity of this score design, which is very much reminiscent of the 1989-90 design.

Appreciate the trade, as always!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like there are one of each Palffy on COMC. I wonder which is more rare... ink spot or spotless.

    ReplyDelete