Friday, February 9, 2024

Boxing Day Purchase - Pastimesports.ca

 Just like the title says, I can share the package I purchased from www.pastimesports.ca on Boxing Day. Don't worry, the package arrived shortly after the new year, I just haven't had the chance to share, and have had other things here on the blog, but did want to get to it.

It's my first time purchasing from them, and all in, I spent just over $210 CDN, including taxes - shipping was free, and there was 20% off for the boxing day sale, and some of the items were on sale already also. You can judge whether this was a good deal or not. The main reason for the purchase was, I don't find wrestling boxes around any more for purchase that are at a decent price and they had a few "older" set blasters at a normal $30 price tag and $10 hanger, so those were the first draw on buying, but here is everything I picked up.


The Silly CD box was for about $7 and look dumb, but interesting enough to share and should result in a "master set", so I threw it in. The Artifacts boxes were on for about $10 after discounts, and I wouldn't mind the set, just wish it wasn't as pricey as all cards these days.


As mentioned, these were the real draw. There were other boxes, but these are sets I have little on, so should be good bag for my buck. $30 per plaster before the 20% discount, whereas most I see now for these are closer to $40.


A hockey blaster for about $10 after discounts, the hanger is as priced, and there were two "grab bags" of baseball packs - 5 packs for $6.99. I picked up two in case the packs were the same, which at a glance does look to be the case, but we shall see.


I was curious on the quality of the other grab bags, examples above and have those aside to open. There aren't a lot of cards in each, which isn't really a surprise for the price, but we shall see how good they are.


I also picked up a bunch of single packs for the unopened pack collection, a couple of which appear to be in the grab bags as well, but it is what it is.


The company is located in BC, so in Canada, just out on the coast. They have some brick and mortar stores out there, and sell online, the shipping was solid too. Not sure I will order from them often, but I'd probably check in again next boxing day if nothing else. They do have memorabilia and other items like board games (of, I did get a Kill The Unicorn game as well, not pictured above - so total all in with this was close to $250 CDN spent).

Definitely recommend checking them out, and if you do, share your experience, would be good to see if others did well with their finds as well.

3 comments:

  1. I've bought from them a few times. Last purchase from them was the box of 94 OPC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably won't be my last purchase either - good experience and good prices with the deals. I'd say generally, prices are better at 401games, but the selection is different with them, so with free shipping, it's fine at "normal" prices.

      Delete
    2. Wondering what their price to the states will be

      Delete