Friday, June 26, 2026

Stars Now From Before

 Sets adding cards in currently releases of past stars is nothing new. It adds more cards to a set that people might chase, so I can understand the draw and reasoning. I also don't mind them doing it as it does provide new cards to look for id you PC such a player....


Aaron Rodgers should already be one of those players. I kid - kind of. I think it won't take long for him to appear in sets beyond his playing days, and I expect it to last a while. Maybe not to Brady levels, but probably close. Mahoney will be on that list eventually too, but will be a little while for him yet.



Beckham Jr. is another name for that list too.


Marcus Allen too - though his CFL time out does his NFL time. (Edit - scratch that - I am remember his brother in the CFL).


We end with Steve Young throwing his hat in the ring as well.

3 comments:

  1. Just a note. When referring to CFL and the Allen family, I think you are thinking of Marcus's brother, Damon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely correct - it was Damon that came to mind - oops! Thank you.

      Delete