Monday, August 3, 2026

Hoop It Up!

 I keep trying to sprinkle in trades as I have been on a bit of a tear, so before the lot today, a trade with TCDB member MapleLumberCards.


The fellow Canadian sent Jays and set helpers, and from the Jays above, the Joe Carter is the second of two Jays for the 2022 Upper Deck Pieces of History pure base set, so that's a nice paid to knock out another team set.

Also some other early 2000s Jays, and more recent with the Fisher RC card which is a nice pick up as well.

I got some help with the missing rookie cards from the 2020 Topps flagship set - think I am at about 80 cards to go on the 700 card beast of a base set, A very solid trade though, as they almost always are with the TCDB community.

Well, still getting new sets represented from the 2026 Lot, this one being a couple of the newer Hoops sets...


I may not be a huge Chrome style fan, but these look really good. As usual, the scan isn't as nice as in hand, but they are a pretty solid design and look.


Even the backs are a great change of pace with there not being a same photo as the front, and instead, up to 5 years of stats, and a decent write up for each player. Maybe shrink the logo down a bit to give a bit bigger font on the write up, but that's a small complaint. Heck, even lucked out with there being a couple rookie cards in the bunch.

Sticking with new for me to see Hoops sets...

No Chrome treatment like the 2019-20 Premium Stock Hoops, but these 2020-21 Hoops offering do have a nice second year Zion as a fantastic little pick up. Part of why I like sharing on the blog and going through these is, I do try and make it just as fun for everyone out there as I'd love to trade these away and I am happy to give a little to get something I actually collect, so feel free to reach out. Even if there isn't something that directly fits my collection, we can probably get something together that will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment