Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sundin and a Kings insert

I know some people are interested in Listia, but haven't really gotten onto the site, so here is a quick summary of what it is, atleast to me. Essentially you can get points by completing surveys, offers, or selling stuff. A lot of people us it to buy and sell essentially having the points allow you to get rid of stuff you don't want and bid on stuff you do. I spend my time here and there on lunch hours doing the surveys and getting points, so I basically put no money into it, just my time.

I recently spent 6,000 points on the 5 cards below. At the time 17,600 points was equivalent to $1US, and these were free shipping, so you can figure out the cost. How did I get the 6,000 points - well completing a 15 minute survey netter 12,500 points, so again, you can figure that I essentially got these cards for about 7 minutes work. OK - that still makes my time spent sound cheap...but it was time I wasn't really doing much with anyway...I guess...enough justifying...here is what I picked up (though I got them of course for the Jays cards)...



As for today's Santa Lot pulls...

Highlights:

This is the third Mats 2007-08 McDonalds card I have, all picked up through the Santa Lot 20 - and I am not complaining about it one bit given how pretty these cards are - and since one will be for the Leaf collection, one for the set completion I am hoping happens, and an extra...um....just because....

The Gridiron Kings insert set from 2008 Donruss Threads was done with two insert sets - a Pro and a College set. Personal preference is the pro set as shown here - which goes to my preference overall for pro cards versus college cards.

The rest
Keepers:

Nice to see a couple 2007-08 Upper Deck Ice cards again - I love the feel/texture to these.

Traders:

Other than a bunch more 2008 Donruss Threads cards, nice to pick up another 2007-08 McDonalds insert card from the checklists. Only one card away from completing a second set of it.

Through 4220 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subset (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 81 6
Inserts / Var Kept 129 7
Error 11 1
Keep 1055 123
Doubles/Sell 468 26 901 1012 236 19
Doubles Inserts / Var 38 1 52 54

No comments:

Post a Comment