Sunday, October 2, 2016

Pack Attack - 2013 Panini Cooperstown Baseball

So as luck would have it, this pack I picked up at Dave and Adam's Card World thinking I needed it, I didn't. I didn't really care since it was $1US, and figured if I didn't have it, I would at least get a post out of it here - see always thinking of you guys!

I have absolutely none of the cards from the set (110 base cards) or inserts, have not looked at them in anyway to keep fresh before opening this so, let's go!

The pack definitely stands out with the bright red colour. Now let's take a look at the six cards we get...


Not the greatest looking colour for the border...given there is no license, great use of the border to cover up hats on the old pictures, and doing close ups to otherwise avoid having to touch up the photos, use of old script that makes it a bit more difficult to read...

...

...

crap - why do I like these....

Probably having to do with my like of past players in more current sets - as I love the Yaz card being one I got...





I probably won't be owning another Christy card any time soon, so I will enjoy having this one.





Here is one of the insert sets - Colgan's Chips which is obviously a good take off on the sets from 1909 to 19110 Also - guess this was a Yaz hot pack!



Last card is a "Metal" parallel which, as shown, is serial numbered out of 325. Definitely a great pickup, and with the Yaz cards makes this packa win for sure. Man, I think this set is going to grow on me....

Not going to be a current focus, but may very well get there if I can actually finish any of the other sets I am actually working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment