Tuesday, September 12, 2017

In a Daze

So I was at a Wal-Mart the other day, and as always, checked out the card aisle. There was the usual fare, but then I found something that always annoys me. Someone had opened one of the assorted pack boxes and left the box, wrapper, and a few of the packs on the shelf. It always bother me when people do this. I don't like pack searchers, but to just our and rip through a box is even worse.

With the stuff on the shelf, and a worker right there I figured, since the packs were nothing too great, I would ask about the insert card which was included in the box and had been left there as well. I figured it was what the person would have taken, but apparently not.

The person saw it was just a single card and didn't seem to card, and just said take it if you want, there aren't enough packs, they wouldn't put the box back out on the shelf. Here I would have paid a buck or two, probably (since the box was $25CDN for 5 packs and the promo card), so I got this:


Just to show how even these boxes were priced with the Judge craze - of the 5 packs, from what was left, there was 2016 Topps series one and 2017 Topps series 2 - that's it. Nice to get this card without having to over pay for those packs.

Highlight:

2001-02 Topps Heritage - can't dislike the retro design, other than maybe a bit too much mustard to that yellow, but I'd give it a pass. Haven't seen many Heritage hockey cards generally, but I should try and change that.

The rest
Keepers:

These move the set to over 50% done now. I know Victory is a low end set, but they make them decent in design that I still like them. I think the tinting to the background to match the team colours suits the cards well, though the shots may run a bit together with everyone mid-skate.

Traders:


Through 9340 cards
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps Base and 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
- 2009-10 Topps #321 Stephen Curry (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 146 19
Inserts / Var Kept 314 43
Error 16 2
Keep 1850 276
Doubles/Sell 1457 207 1480 2780 287 34
Doubles Inserts / Var 99 2 121 207

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooooooooo....love that Daze! MUST. HAVE. ONE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could make that happen if you want.

      Delete
    2. I'm working on a trade to submit to you on TCDB...you still have that Heritage Daze and willing to trade it? I don't see it amongst your traders.

      -kin

      Delete
    3. Just because I don't have a dupe, it is listed in my collection, but by all means, I am up for trading it. I will move it to trades now.

      Delete