Thursday, September 28, 2017

Quad Wars - 1990-91 Upper Deck Hockey - Bottom Right

Last day for this box, and right off the bat, I'll just say, completion for the set as a whole is about 67%. Again, this gets into the position of being on my back burner for contemplating completion, but isn't a "need to do" yet. Glad to be that far on the set as a whole considering it was a low number box, but I had 4-5 good runs of 9 numbers in a row which were duplicates from the same box which is disappointing on this last stack.

 Even more disappointing....

Yes, just one Leaf....


and yes, just one error card....


Not great for 9 packs. I did obviously add more cards I needed, a sampling of which are...


Gives me a chance to show a few more stars and more Collector Choice cards.

Overall thoughts on the box - it is a sold set, though the numbering of cards is very clear in patterning from pack to pack. What I mean is say, the first card in each pack were in order from say, 111, then the next card was in reverse order from say 355, and the next card in number order from card 71, etc. In large part, could have figured out what was coming next. I also have to say, at least this set got inserts right - the insert was in addition to the cards in the pack, not a replacement of one or two cards,

I gather this was really possible due to the holographic cards being very thin stickers, but just wanted to make the point nonetheless.

Sp yes, not going to aggressively try and complete the set yet, but would be happy to trade for any cards out there I am missing to slowly move it forward, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment