Tuesday, July 7, 2020

2004-05 Pacific

On to a nice little journey through a product that is completely new to me. 2004-05 Pacific - not only a year well into my hibernation from collecting, but Pacific was not something that I saw much before my hibernation (it had just started into the hockey card foray), and since, it isn't until the last couple years I have been able to trade and get a number of Pacific year cards, but as it happens, none from this one.

So, for this fact, and the sale at Dave & Adam's last year, I threw a hobby box into my card, and I believe it was about $20 USD, so I figure this should give me half the set or so, and maybe s couple nice inserts and a couple good Leafs, so why not for the fun of ripping packs?


So obviously like the odds of 2 jersey cards in the box (or thereabouts as they don't guarantee per box, but as odds over the run), and I like getting one new pack for the unopened pack collection...at least so I thought...but apparently I picked up one along the way in a previous repack so...


I have a whole box to go through...at least no chance of "missing a hit by putting it away. Bonus points on the box for, as Pacific tends to, making the odds nicely and clearly stated...


So, my scoring system as per usual...

Base Card 1
Base Sports Card Need 3
Base Variation / Short Print Card Odds
Base Toronto Card 15
Base Toronto Variation / Short Print Card 5 * Odds
Insert Card Odds
Toronto Insert Card 5 * Odds
Error Card Double Score

Here's the first pack:



The overall design of the base cards is fine, though I'd probably get rid of the white strip across the top, and maybe use a flat silver instead of the shiny foil for the name. I always find the foil more difficult to read.

I am going to guess that the last shot is indicative of what the last 30 cards of the base set will look like as these cards are the prospects subset, but we shall see if that holds true.



This is the Philadelphia insert set represented which are one every 30 packs. Almost wondering if I could get this design but with a full action shot - kind of the best of the two designs between this and the base.

1 Pack, 7 Cards, 28 Points.

2 comments:

  1. Foil really is tough to read. I have that issue every time. Putting the card at an angle to make it easier. ugh. I like the Philadelphia insert set as well and you nailed it. Some type of action shot and it's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was on a break from the hobby too when this stuff was originally released, but I'm excited to see your two jersey cards. The Philadelphia insert looks cool... but nothing like a Pacific insert. This looks like something Upper Deck would produce.

    ReplyDelete