Friday, September 4, 2026

Trade With Frohny

We get to continue the theme from yesterday - another first time trade partner at TCDB, another Leaf trade, though we do get to complete a couple Leaf team sets today - yay! 


Gartner was the last Leaf I needed in order to complete my 1995-96 Donruss Leaf base team set. Only about 30 years or so after the set was out, but better late than never!

O really enjoy my early to mif-90s Leafs as these were the prime days of watching as a kid. They had some good high points, and I still remember most of the players through those years (unlike other "dark" periods...see much of the 00s unfortunately).


Alyn may be my favourite card of the trade with the serial number being to a mere 9,500. Classic 90s serial numbering - might only be a couple cards to chase with serial numbers, but the runs were high. Now you have out of 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 250, 500, 999, the year, and all in the same product. I guess it's the evolution of serial numbering, like it or not.

Oh, as for the second Leaf set I got to complete in this trade, Toskala is the man to make it happen being the last one I needed for the 2007-08 Upper Deck Ice base set.

The Portraits throwback design on the 2020-21 Upper Deck cards is nice, don't mind it one bit.

We end with some Parkhurst Champions and an Ice Battle Bunting to round out the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment