Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Thirsty History

Another trade share, another TCDB member, and another cool feature from the site I can talk about.

This trade with ThirstyDeer came as an offer, and I recognized the name, so assumed we had done trades through the site before. Well, it took all of a couple clicks to be able to tell that:

1) We did out first trade in July 2020

2) This was our 5th trade (the ones in between were in June 2024, May 2025, and October 2025)

3) That first trade we did had TCDB ID 105018, while this one was 1038569 - which just shows how much the site has grown. For reference, my first completed trade in the site has ID 443 on Jun 20, 2015.

I could look at each trade, figure out how many cards we sent each way, but let's get to what came this way.

2002 Fleer Fall Classic is a set I hadn't known of, and this is my first Blue Jay from the set. Amazing to still find sets that old which I didn't know about, but at the same time, it was a period with a number of players in the game so to speak, and each trying to put out a number of sets.

In hockey, we have a card from a set I'd love to complete, though I only have a few cards - the 2022-03 Parkhurst Original Six set which is all Toronto Maple Leafs.

The bulk of the trade is getting close to completing the flagship Leaf team set for 2024-25 Upper Deck. 

Love doing these PWE trades as, even with 8-15 cards, there's a lot you can pack into a single envelope!

No comments:

Post a Comment