Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Tackling The Elite

Football cards coming from the 2026 Lot today, and we get Elite highlighting it, so let's take a look. 


Still not a big fan of the WildCard Matte set cards - too plain, too white, too underwhelming. The 2023 Panini Donruss Elite, now these look pretty solid in hand. Still would rather an action background instead of the straight shiny, but the cards do have a better high end feel.


Rodgers, Prescott, solid cards, solid names...


Frustrating backs with no stats to be seen. I never thought it would be too much to ask to have stats on a sports card, but.....PLEASE! Hard to look at cards and see the highs and lows of a career at a point in time without some stats to add context and colour to the discussion.

Not a bad bunch of cards really, and they should be good to help the when I get to project trade away or whatever I call trying to slim down my traders in 2027. I still have a few months to change my mid, but I think that will be the goal for 2027 - maybe not buying a new lot, but instead, trading away as much as I can in a single year. Sure, I'll add some stuff from the trades, but the driver really being, how many cards can I make disappear. For context - my cards for trade are about 50k, and realistically a stretch goal for moving in a yar would be 10,000. Accordingly to TCDB, the most I did in a year was about 6k, and it would likely take a couple local/big trades to get there, but that would be - elite!

No comments:

Post a Comment