Sunday, September 20, 2026

Halfway

 So, before I started going through the 2026 Lot, I had the Jays for the 2024 Topps flagship set. Today, I am now over the halfway point on the set itself. This is why I love picking up these random lots, fun to go through, and you never know where your going to get help on your collecting.

Today, we do get to start with a few Jays dupes which are great for the set build...


I loved the idea of Cavan being a Jay, and he was given the time he needed to make it or not, and unfortunately, he just couldn't get his bat where it needed to be. I understand the move and he continues to work at keeping in the bigs with 2026 being in the minors for the Astros organization.

Varsho has been solid in center field, but I do wish he'd be a bit better at the plate average wise.

There were a few dupes which are now on my trade list, but here is a snapshot at all the keepers for today...


Nice to get Acuna, Verlander, Freeman, and solid start cards. I gather we will be light on the rookie cards as seems to be the case in the lot, but I can live with that. With your friendly neighbourhoor trading partners on TCDB, I have been able to do a decent job knocking out rookie card needs on the 2020 and 2021 sets, so 2024 should eventually be no different.


Oh, and team cards, those are always awesome - whether an insert set or part of the base set - I am all for having them included.

No comments:

Post a Comment