I definitely never collected any baseball related playing cards, so those are few and far between in my collection, but I also have no idea how many such products are really out there. I do have one more today than I did before.
Then we get into the early 2000s and you can see a whole bunch of cards adding into what is becoming less of a "dead zone" in my collection than it was a few years ago.
In my mind, the late 90s is when the proliferation of manufacturers really pushing out to different sets and starting to touch more on inserts and parallels really started to take off a bit.
2000 Upper Deck here has Pros & Prospects, Ovation, and Victory, for example.
We do get a couple team set completions in the trade with 2001 SP Authentic and 2001 Upper Deck Ovation.
I don't mind sets like Archives which take designs as inspiration rather than having them seem like part of the original set.
2002 Donruss Originals is a good example - the design is very much the retro, but at least splashing Originals across the front to ensure it is different enough. Though most would know the difference even without, I always wonder about those who don't know and buy for those they love as gifts etc, and wanting to ensure they know what they are getting.
2002 Topps Total - A fine set with a not so fine Jays uniform design and logo - not my favourite time in that regard. At all.
I still don't know how to feel about 205 - it's different, but with the design taking up so much of the front, I like the A&G style back but not so much care about the front.
Upper Deck's Vintage set to be along the Topps Archive set lines had a good set for 2003.
Not everything was from the 2000s, we do have a few 2010 decade related cards.
A fantastic trade and at least will have another one or two more we should be able to do to keep adding the new to me Blue Jays into the collection.






No comments:
Post a Comment