Friday, April 15, 2016

All-Star Modano

I can always appreciate a new serial numbered card...

Highlights:

Why serial numbered cards are part of a base set though - not so sure. I will keep this as an insert because well, if you are going to serial number a card, I am not going to count it as a base card. Personally, I will count the cards up to the serial numbered base as being the true base, and the serial numbered cards as inserts.

Specific to the Modano - not a bad design, but I hate the placement of the serial numbering because frankly, I almost completely missed it as it was on the sleeve/side rather than in a corner or otherwise standing out. If it is important enough to serial number, at least make a big deal out of it.

The rest
Keepers:

A couple more nice 2005-06 Black Diamond cards for the set attempt!

Traders:

So of all these, Cris Carter is the name and face I recall the most - and if I remember correctly, he was an All-Star (but I don't care enough to double check how many times).

Summary (through 1740 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 34 3                
Inserts / Var Kept 76 3                
Error 9 1                
Keep 476 68                
Doubles/Sell 159 8 354 251 226 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 11 12 30            

No comments:

Post a Comment