Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A long cabz ride and Kings of the Grid

So months ago (say 8) I initiated a trade with cabz05 on TCDB (I think...maybe it was him). Well, one way or another, things happened - I don't know what - and cabz05 disappeared for months unexplained. Recently, he came back and completed the trade. I hope all was alright and am glad he came back, but honestly thought the trade was dead in the water.  Luckily it wasn't and I got....


I actually ended up getting this one since the trade started, but appreciate having a second.


A good job filling a few holes on the Jays here...


...and here...


2002 Upper Deck MVP cards - did not have any of these before, so quite happy to add them here, and a good number of them too. Wasn't a fan of these uniforms, and am glad they moved away from them, but I still appreciate cards from this time frame because they are fairly sparse in my collection.

Santa Lot 20 today...it isn't my thing - nothing for my collection, but had to highlight these as these are so pretty...

Highlights:

These Gridiron inserts have a nice look and feel. The feel is similar to the year prior, but I personally like the look better with the white background being predominant. Still not really a fan of those that are part of the College insert versus the Pro version though.

Also had to add these in since they are nice keepers. I am guessing but the few 2003 McDonalds cards we have seen here have all been in not the greatest of condition. Since I don't have them, I am still keeping for the time being, but may upgrade later. Best guess is they all came from the same place in the slightly off condition.

That said, the Lanny card is beautiful. Great photo which, with the old photo and old design, fit together so nicely.

The rest
Keepers:

Sharp's is a sharp card indeed - like the 2009-10 MVP set from these.

Traders:

Silver or gold...not sure if I prefer the silver normal base border on the 2008-09 Fleer, but seeing it next to the Glossy gold - I think my preference would have been the gold. Needless to say - neither will be in my collection, so who cares? Well, still my opinion anyway!

Through 6460 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 105 10
Inserts / Var Kept 215 28
Error 15 2
Keep 1382 203
Doubles/Sell 816 99 1131 1922 250 26
Doubles Inserts / Var 75 1 77 103

4 comments:

  1. Those uniforms in the 2002 set are my second favourite Jays uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more middling for me. They have had worse, but I like the classic 80s and early 90s best.

      Delete
  2. I've pulled off a few trades with cabz. One of my more frequent trading partners, although I think the number of trades is only 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it as a one time thing. I would trade with him again as my experience with him on a separate trade was great, and it just seemed really odd, but a one off.

      Delete