Thursday, February 9, 2017

Going to the classic highlight

Let's start today with a quick six...these may not win the Super Bowl in overtime, but they were a quick six cards off of Listia with the promise of a rookie card, for what it is worth.


I am torn on whether to keep this one or not because of the writing. I'm torn - given it is an older card, and not something I specifically collect, I don't really care about replacing it-  but it has writing on it...hmmm...also a shame because the card is otherwise in great condition.


I would have thought I had this card, but apparently not. Bodger (I always see his name as Booger when looking at his jersey) is definitely a name on many cards from the era between Buffalo and Pittsburgh.


I like the Chrome look to the 1998-99 Bowman Chrome CHL set, but as a minor league card, won't be one I keep.


The last few are newer Score set cards that I didn't have, including the promised rookie card. Unfortunately no Leafs in the six though. To the plus - the Zubrus is a glossy insert!

Well, not a new card for me, but the highlight of what we come across today nonetheless...

Highlight:

We have talked about this set, and about the man before I believe, but this is still a great card, and I can appreciate having another.

The rest
Keepers:

We have seen some 2007 Topps Heritage before, but the All-Star base cards are nice (that's good)...even if it is of a Red Sox (that's bad)....but the colours match nicely (that's good)...

Traders:

Reflections...pretty scanning cards. Now having seen a few, I do have one issue with them...the font used for the names just bothers me.

That's about all for today!

Through 6500 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 105 11
Inserts / Var Kept 215 28
Error 15 2
Keep 1392 204
Doubles/Sell 837 100 1134 1924 250 26
Doubles Inserts / Var 75 1 77 104

1 comment: