Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Boys of Summer in dead of winter

For our break between boxes today, we have a small repack box I picked up from I think Target in the US last August...


I picked it up for two reasons. First, I figured the red, white and blue pack would be something different for my unopened pack collection, and figured the one special card would be something serial numbered of similar that I could keep. Other than that, either surprise packs to open, or more adds to the unopened pack collection.

So what did I get?



Here we have my first ever Topps On-Demand card, this being the 2017 MLB All-Star Game Homage to '87. This card had a print run of 1,722, and now I have one. Not sure if I should think of it differently from a serial numbered card which can have similar numbers, or not, but I'll treat it the same.



Nice - not one, or two, but three packs to add to the collection. The 2014 Panini Prizm Red White and Blue Pulsar pack is not much to look at. The 2016 Stadium Club is the first, and I have 2016 Topps Series 2 packs, but not a 10 card - so that's a keeper as well.

The last pack...


Is one that is a duplicate so let's see what we have...

The cards are different, but I have no interest in collecting the set - though do want to eventually get the Jays cards, but no help on that here. I guess the one insert (the foil HBP symbol) of Souza.

Not a bad little box given the three pack additions. Next up...maybe another different wrestling blaster tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment