Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Is this a Blues hot box?



There have been a number of Blues cards lately out of this box, then here we get another longer odd card (one every 40 packs), and another Blues with Tarasenko. I'm not a big fan of the design - too much border - but I do think it fits very well into the theme of photography in the set as a whole.



Talked about horizontal cards the other day, and here we have another fabulous one with Eberle. It seems like such a simple shot, but one you rarely if evey see used on cards. Interesting collection option - players going over the boards...



The Russian Rocket! 60, 60, 59, 58, 51....his high 5 goals seasons. The most interesting part, the years range from 1992-93 to 2000-01 - that he was able to score those numbers a decade apart is amazing. Unfortunate he had a few seasons cut well short due to injury, but was a fixture in Vancouver through the 1990s.



End with Ovi - which, I swear, the Stanley Cup aged him - looks so much older this year with the grey hair...

15 packs, 118 cards, 430 points

Speaking of blue things...a couple Jays pick ups from Listia...



A new for me pick up out of 1984 Fleer with Luis here for all of about a dime. In a separate group of cards...



I can't go wrong with 6 1977 Topps Jays for about $2 when I need a couple of them. I'd easily do that when it doesn't really cost me anything but free money. Definitely a couple worthwhile wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment