Thursday, May 28, 2020

Two baseball sets a plenty

Today, some cards from two well traveled baseball card sets - 1989 Donruss and 1989 Topps. Jeff Scott had a good 1,500 cards or so in total from both sets. I am not going subject all of them to scanning, bu instead will just highlight what I am keeping - Jays, a couple inserts, some error cards, and some base set wants filled from 1989 Donruss.

Since I have 1989 Topps completed, but did still need some 1989 Donruss base cards...



A few Jays in here which I probably have, but want to ensure they make it to the set collection rather than the team collection. Going through, my guess is that the Griffey Jr. rookie is likely to be the last card I get, though down to about 70 cards left that I need.

So...Jays...don't really "need" any as I have complete sets but plenty of help...



Nice adds, even if they may be nothing new.

Some inserts (and Diamond Kings, because I lover those subsets).



Then we end with a few error cards that I didn't yet have from these sets...call them additions on working for a master set.



A quick run through, and plenty of dupes if anyone is missing anything from these sets, I may just have it - from Jeff, to me, to you!

1 comment:

  1. One of my buddies just hooked me up with the 1989 Donruss set. It was cool to flip through it... since I don't think I had looked at that set very closely since I opened the packs 31 years ago.

    ReplyDelete