Friday, May 17, 2024

Finishing With Jeff's Baseball

 Not to worry, there is plenty of hockey to go through from what I was given from local collector Jeff, but today, the rest of the odds and sods baseball cards which we will start with the keepers.


A few random base set helpers for various slow build sets, but I want to focus on the 2023 Stadium Club cards. I really like this set. I haven't seen a lot in hand as it is still very new, so not something I am out buying, but these cards are amazing. The quality of the pictures, the typical full picture fronts from Stadium Club, and both being needs for me - love them. I mean an A&G back mini is great also, but I mean, the Chapman and the perfect capture of the mid bath pose, wow.


A few random inserts that are new to me and great additions to the collection - especially another Topps Gold card is great, but not to worry, plenty of traders too...


Given the time range of most the cards, the Carlton's stand out a bit, but I should be able to find a home for them. As for the Star cards - minor league is not my thing, and the quality of Star is "ok", but it's like 7th Inning Sketch hockey cards, some look like they were too cheaply done.



I don't think I will be building 2023 Stadium Club as I don't expect to go out and find enough of it to make it worth while, but one complaint - foil parallels as I almost missed the red foil parallel Williams. I get it, it is different, but it's not like a border parallel than will stand out with the same treatment, it's just the foil.

At least I caught it before mis-entering it.

3 comments:

  1. But which border and dot variations are those 90 Donruss cards?! Just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo close to finishing 2023 Topps stadium club. I don't mind the foil parallels, but they're too easy to pull and don't feel as special.

    ReplyDelete