Saturday, May 25, 2024

Newest of New Cards

 I've said here before - I don't get to buying new cards. The closest I usually get is within a year or two in repacks or something of the like. Maybe on occasion, a box or blaster along those lines. It is far more likely I get current year cards in a trade, but even then it's usually a few months or more after. I got the following cards from Doug at Sportscards From The Dollar Store just a few weeks after the set released. A nice surprise envelope and one I have finally returned the favour on as I had been meaning to and did so once busy season of April was through. 


These cards look fantastic (as did the original set). Bright, crisp, colourful, paying the right amount of homage to the original design with tweaks which are small enough not to be offputting.


I have never been a fan of the faux signature design - as early when I first really started seeing it as a kid collecting, not getting why people would want a fake signature.

Really like the Bichette insert design - very 70s - far out and groovy man.

A couple error cards, the most glaring of which is the Basabe Jays card since...well....he isn't a Jay. I guess quality control saw a blue shirt, a Blue Jays and said okays! Really do appreciate the newer cards, and many thank yous to Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment