Saturday, October 3, 2026

The Word

 Basketball cards from the 2026 Lot today, and all from the 2020-21 Panini Mosaic set. Have had a few cards from the set previously, but about another 40 to add today.



I don't actually have a lot to say about this set - I mean, it's Mosaic, and keeps with the look and feel. The design isn't significantly different from other years of Mosaic. Not a great or underwhelming card or design, just there.

Some throwback stars in the set is fine, and I appreciate that they are trying to spread the word....and what is the word, well the Larry Bird is the word.

Any time I see Larry, I am reminded of two games. I remember playing Dr. J. Vs. Larry Bird as a young child in the 80s. It was released in 1983, and there was a sequel of sorts in 1988 when it became Jordan vs. Bird. These were amount my first video games to have played and were the tip of the iceberg when it came to what video games were to me as a kid. These games were the gateway games, like Atari or Commodore 64 to what became years of Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and on from there.

Fun times. Horrible graphics (great for the time), but fun gameplay regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment