Monday, December 19, 2016

A glutton for Sutton...and Listia too

I decided to take a shot (again, for better or worse) at two more hockey listings on Listia - one being 3 random 2016-17 Tim Horton base cards, and one 6 random cards which included one guaranteed rookie card. So - was it a good decision...well...

With the Tim Horton's cards, I knew I only had the Tim Horton base card, so figured I'd atleast have three keepers, even if no Leafs...

Well - exactly what I was looking for. The Tim Horton's sets tend to keep it fairly simple, save for the shine, and good content in players.

As for the random six...

Other than the 2008-09 O Pee Chee Brylin being a dupe, the rest are good to go, and given the one McDonald card, I'd call this a success. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I think the best of these is the Moog early 90s Parkhurst? Best action shot of the bunch....

Any time you can get a Hall of Famer, it's a decent pack. Now, a Hall of Famer for a set you are looking to complete, and who had a great career like Don Sutton - can't say no to that...

Highlight:

With that, I am at 75% of the 100 base cards, while I only have 2 of the last 30 cards which are retro rookie cards. Interesting with the quality of this particular photo as it seems a tad blurred - would think a better one could be caught and used, but that is just a small complaint...


Also need to include this as it is a very pretty McDonalds card. I've only seen a few of these so far, so hopefully more are on the horizon. In hand, I like the fact that the player, Upper Deck and Logo and all raised to the touch.

The rest
Traders:

The...fourth...Humphrey Game Breaker insert pulled, just in case anyone is interest. Other than that, the stand out would be Barry Sanders (first one of those pulled). Given the timing of 1991, I gather this card shows the closest that any opponent got to him that year to actually tackling him.

Through 5760 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 95 9
Inserts / Var Kept 167 24
Error 11 1
Keep 1291 167
Doubles/Sell 676 41 1102 1708 245 22
Doubles Inserts / Var 62 1 66 72

2 comments:

  1. I'll take one of those Humphrey Game Breakers next time we do a trade...While football is not my thing, holograms are.

    ReplyDelete