Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Thanking Billy and food for thought

A quick thank you to Billy Kingsley from Cardboard History. I had sent him a few card which came up on the blog as I knew they would find a better home. Billy was nice enough to send the following card on to me in return...

As you may (or may not) know, I am not a big "vintage" collector, more out of cost than anything else. Accordingly, this is my first 60s Leaf card (to go with my one 50s card) so a big thanks to Billy. I also like the fact this is the Topps version as, in Canada, it will be easier for me to find the O Pee Chee version if I ever get to pick that one up.

It might be that I am a bit hungry as I write this up, but the only thought that came to mind was food when I was going through the Santa Lot 20 today.

Highlights:

90s Raptors - these are the ones I know, and that scream Toronto Raptors to me. Doug Christie (makes good cookies) and Popeye (I really enjoy their chicken) Jones were solid players for Toronto in their early years - Doug more so beside Damon Stoudamire.

The rest
Keepers:

Just the one today - Patrick with the team I recognize him with - the Devils.

Traders:


Randall McDaniel (close enough to Ronald McDonald to me...) and a couple more of the 1991 Upper Deck football cards add to its completion. Heck, even the Austin Powers card is one I didnèt have yet, so there is...well...that...

I also want to bring up one thing that is right with the 1991 7th Inning Sketch QMJHL cards - they actually had at least one Action card, card 225. This was something that you would see in the 70s with hockey cards (and baseball too with the In Action cards) but not nearly in the same prevalence as time went through the 80s, 90s, etc.

Through 5580 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 95 9
Inserts / Var Kept 161 24
Error 11 1
Keep 1271 153
Doubles/Sell 657 34 1084 1618 244 22
Doubles Inserts / Var 62 1 66 67

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got it, and I figured it would be one you didn't have. I know you aren't huge on vintage but I got it at a great price...had a hard time not keeping it for myself, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thoroughly like vintage, just don't specifically go out to collect it.

      Delete