Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Oh no Miyamoto, his is destroyed-o

Big card lot buys can be great for the variety in cards, but can also have some damaged cards depending on how they were stored. As a general rule, I only buy bulk lots of cards where I can tell they have been treated fairly from a storage standpoint.

The worst infraction that I see on a regular basis is people who wrap cards with elastic bands. I hurt a little seeing this, with the cards screaming not to be damaged on the sides. I prefer normal storage boxes of course, and will almost never go for bins with cards just thrown in. It's finding that middle ground of someone with a bunch of cards they don't care for anymore, are letting go of for a fair price, and have at least cared enough to try to ensure they are not damaged.

Highlight:

Since we are talking condition, a slight ding on one corner, but a keeper still - nothing you wouldn't expect for general keeping. I'd still obviously prefer pristine, but I can accept these smallest of knicks.

Lowlight:

Yeah - just a bit of damage here...like multiple hard folds right across the centre of the card. A shame given it is "oddball" to me as I don't collect soccer, but I think I'll get over it.

The rest
Keepers:

Another add for this slowly building set.

Traders:

Yeah, so out of all the 200-08 Upper Deck hockey cards, only the Saku was new for me, a whole lot more dupes though.

Through 7860 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 125 15        
Inserts / Var Kept 290 30        
Error 15 2        
Keep 1590 230        
Doubles/Sell 1107 168 1312 2294 264 28
Doubles Inserts / Var 91 1 99 199    

No comments:

Post a Comment