Friday, May 12, 2017

The big 8000

For all of you who have been part of this since the start - thank you - amazing to be 8000 cards in and about a year and a half out of starting the Santa Lot business. There have been many great cards, and some not so great, but the highlights, and summary, as always can be seen at the end of this post.  So, will we get any great cards in this post, reaching 8000? Only one way to find out!

Highlight:

Jason Blake spent two and a half years with the Leafs before moving on to Anaheim where he ended his career. A serviceable centre for most of his career. New for me, and a Leaf - works for me.

The rest
Keepers:

A great slew of keepers today - would love this many every day! 1988 Score baseball is not a set I collected back in my childhood, and not one I picked up in completed form since getting back into the hobby the last few years. I can't say I am looking to complete it either, but I'll hang on to cards I get for now - maybe make a run at the set later.

I'll gladly take the Black Diamond cards. I would say as far as card sets go, Black Diamond would be top three. First for hockey would definitely be Artifacts (this may or may not have to do with my love and collection of Artifacts in Magic cards), then likely Black Diamond and finally McDonalds. I don't count "one offs" such as the Legends Classics set we have seen (which I believe was a one-off).

Traders:

As much as I like inserts (see 2007 Topps Own The Game above) - I have to give the nod to the 1982 O Pee Chee E.T. card as the one here that I can find a quick home for. Have seen about 10 of these so far, and all have found other homes. I just don't have an interest in collecting the TV/Movie type cards - I personally need a bit shorted focus to work with.

Hi Samsonov..again...couldn't have a celebratory reaching of a milestone number of cards without seeing him again.

Through 8000 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 126 15
Inserts / Var Kept 290 31
Error 15 2
Keep 1601 236
Doubles/Sell 1118 169 1315 2398 264 29
Doubles Inserts / Var 91 1 99 200

No comments:

Post a Comment