Thursday, May 3, 2018

Been there Bondra that

Simply, a better day than yesterday as far as cards for me go - still not great, but I will take it.

Highlights:

Sorry, being a keeper is good enough today.

Looking at playing style and ability, I recall Peter Bondra as a goal scorer for the Caps. A very good player who could make plays happen. To put it into current player terms, I would call him an Ovechkin "lite". He has similar skills, but I don't recall him being as stand out as Alexander is. Still, that would be a great compliment for any player. Peter is also another player I think of as being synonymous with a team - obviously the Caps.

The rest
Traders:



I almost made the Ultra basketball cards the highlight because it filled four or five missing holes to the set. Depending on how many sets  get pretty far along, I will probably look to trade the large set chunks away to people looking for a good start on certain sets. Nothing like getting 70-90% of a set done with a single trade.

I probably say it too often, but if anyone wants to call dibs on anything in particular, feel free. As far as the "sets" from basketball and football that I will look to move, I am at this point pretty much waiting until I finish the Santa Lot to push these, just to make these as complete as possible. My best guess from eye balling it and what is left - I'd say September will be the start of moving these. Doesn't mean I am against breaking them up, but would happily hold as much of a set that I have for anyone interested.

Through 11580 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps Base (x 4) and 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
- 2009-10 Topps #321 Stephen Curry (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 188 26
Inserts / Var Kept 367 63
Error 19 3
Keep 2282 348
Doubles/Sell 2033 268 1887 3178 312 43
Doubles Inserts / Var 156 4 186 217    

No comments:

Post a Comment