Monday, May 28, 2018

Pack Attack - 2014 Panini Prizm


From the box this past weekend, I got three packs, but since I am keeping one for the collection of unopened packs, we have two for opening today.

Why both in one day? Well, with 4 cards in each, I wanted to make sure I had something to write about and 8 cards gives me a better chance at that!

First reaction on opening a pack - what the heck is on these cards!?!?! They are covered in a dusting of white "dust". I shouldn't have to spend 2 minutes wiping the cards off before scanning them - hopefully this isn't how all the packs they made were...

*Looks around the internet*

Interesting - if you want to know what I am talking about, here is a quick write up that addresses it.

Pack #1

You can see some of the corn starch on the cards still - pack fresh indeed! A decent enough design with no licence, and a decent Intuition insert, so not a bad pack overall.

Pack #2

They all may be base cards, but if I were a PC guy- Tony Gwynn would be one of them, and that is a pretty sweet base card. As for the Rookie Cards, I don't mind the slight difference in base care design for them, but wouldn't have minded if they did them for the former players like Gwynn too.

Overall - an okay couple packs, even with the starchy surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment