Wednesday, December 5, 2018

CNE Pack #25 - Daffney

Switching it up with another CNE pack instead today and worked out fairly well.



A couple wrestling cards for keeps which make me really not like the "New Era" set name. Even Daffney had been around in wrestling for over 10 years at this point. I think Daffney has generally been underrated, and unfortunately never really got attention from WWE given her Mick Foley-esque style and Paige type look taken a bit more to the extreme, but too much earlier, when WWE wasn't looking past the diva search looks.

It's a shame, but worth a look up for a couple of her matches in TNA as that was part of her best work/time.

Oh, and Sting...never should be in anything new era unless it came out in the 80s - maybe up to say mid 90s.

The rest of the keepers from this one are hockey...



Including the Leaf I saw which I picked up this pack because of...



Optimus Reim!

As for the traders...


A couple more Topps Americana. I know about the "Who Shot JR" thing being a big deal on the TV show Dallas, but this was a bit before my time. Similar with CNN. I was born in 1980, but as a kid in the 80s, neither of these really meant much to me.



The rest include some 1990-91 Skybox and a bit of everything else!

2 comments:

  1. I know that I'm probably in the minority, but I was not a fan of Sting's Crow gimmick, in fact I positively hated it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit - I never watched the Crow, so never had that connection with it, but did like it for being such a vast difference for him, and different for the time in the late 90s.

      Delete