Sunday, December 30, 2018

In come the dupes

Today we have packs 7-9, as we work through the 2018 Opening Day blaster box

Scoring system...
Base card - 1 point (yes, all cards get a point)
Base card need - 2 points
Base variation card - 20 points
Base card Toronto card - 5 points
Base variation Toronto card - 50 points
Insert Card bonus - points based on odds - if 1 in 4 - worth 4 points, double if a Toronto card

Pack 7:


Here is a tradition, I honestly didn't know about at all. I didn't realize that 8 Clydesdales took a trip around the warning track in St. Louis for their festivities.



And with these two, we finally start to see some base card duplicates. It was bound to happen, but happy it took as long as it has.



Jake Lamb's red bat stands out nicely with the team colour (stands out compared to other bats, while working to make sense for the team colour and overall picture). Lowest score yet with only 13 points since there were some duplicated in the pack.

Pack 8:


A duplicate insert, but a decent one for the more common inserts.



Still getting use to the sight of Edwin not in a Jays uniform. The biggest issue I have, is why hasn't he just started carrying a parrot around and just attach it to his arm for the home run go around the bases? The arm thing still bugs me.




15 points for this pack, bringing the points down overall...

Pack 9:


Yay - Josh can join Tulo for my two Jays pulled so far for this base set.



I really like this pic for a catcher, natural pose, nice and close, just comes off really well. I want more like this!



A rough batting year for Vazquez seeing his lowest average for a season, just over .200, and he needs to try and improve his walk versus strike out ratio as he doesn't get many walks.



18 points for the pack, helped greatly by Donaldson.

So through 9 of 11 packs, we have 63 cards and a total of 153 points.

We finish up, and compare these practice blasters tomorrow...the last day of 2018 - can't believe it's already over and 2019 is almost here!

Speaking of dupes - I did want to share a few more cards from the DantheMan box today that fit the dupes theme. There were a handful of 2011 and 2012 Topps WWE cards. I guess in looking at the sets, he may have read them in reverse - by wants as haves and haves as wants, because I ended up only needing one of these, because the one I have of Randy Orton is an autographed card, so I want a clean version as well.



Oh well, it happens, and at least I have a few wrestling card dupes which may be easier to trade for wrestling cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment