Monday, July 29, 2024

Thank You Deer!

Back to back days of sharing trades - this one with thirstydeer, a TCDB member who lives in Milton, Ontario, which is only about half an hour away. If we do a bigger trade, I could see trying to meet in person to get it done, but this one we kept by mail. 


The single baseball card was the last of the 4 Blue Jays cards in the 1993 Post Canadian Limited series. These wonderful little pop up cards were in Post cereals back in the day. One I definitely remember popping out of my cereal boxes as a kid and ones I liked even then.

Getting into the hockey cards, I am getting more and more into trades with base cards which are of the not so base sets. Whether more "premium" sets in the 90s or Pacific sets which I don't recall seeing at all as a kid, or even Fleer Greats of the Game, these were not "in the wild" back as a kid collecting, and something that I wouildn't have seen because, as a kid, I wasn't going to card shops that sold sports card singles or had much outside of flagship products.

As a kid going to 401games in the 1990s, when it was actually located at 401 Yonge Street, it was still really a convenience store that happened to sell a lot of gaming cards like Pokemon and Magic - it wasn't near what it grew into today of being a sports card, gaming and board game location, etc.


I still have a few cards left in most of these team sets to work on, and no surprise it is becoming more and more clear these will usually come down to rookie cards, whether of any value or not.

The Luca Score card isn't a dupe but rather a pick up of the regular and glossy versions of the card.

Upshall sticks out as being not a Leaf, but it's an error card as it is Jason Garrison pictured on the front.

We end with a single Tim Hortons Legends base set helper moving the base completion up to 92 of 100. Maybe I should focus on finishing that set this summer...I really need a bit more focus on completion to close out some sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment