Thursday, January 19, 2017

It still counts to me and cards in threes

First, a congrats to the new MLB HOFers. Great to see Raines in, I liked Bagwell as well, and Pudge deserved in also. I think we also know one getting in on the 2018 ballot since Hoffman was just 1% short or so. Vlad might get in too since in his first year he was just a few percent shy.

Every collector draws their line - I cound the team if they are traded and in the "old" uniform still. So the highlight today....

Highlights:

That is why this still counts to me as a Leaf. I know some would disagree - everyone is entitled to their opinion of course.

The rest
Keepers:

I'm not a big Bergeron fan, but I do like the look of the card in 2009-10 Ultra - quite nice play of the grey and the white of the ice. I also wouldn't mind more of the 1990-91 Pro Set cards as I've mentioned having a soft spot for this set, and like the error cards, even if they are excessive.

Traders:

I have to talk about the "triple card....cards". 2008-09 Fleer base set has a handful of these triple player cards. I guess it is an attempt to get more players on fewer cards, but it looks like minis before the final cut. The studio shots could make an interest set akin to Studio in the early 90s in baseball.

Through 6220 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 101 9
Inserts / Var Kept 205 27
Error 13 2
Keep 1363 189
Doubles/Sell 790 61 1117 1837 250 26
Doubles Inserts / Var 74 1 68 87

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely a matter of perspective, but if I was a team collector, I'd be with you. If they are pictured on the card with my team, it's a card for that team regardless of logo.

    Once my favorite player (Andrew Shaw) was traded from my favorite team (Blackhawks), I still wanted all of his cards. I am still sad and will always remember what his last "official" Blackhawks card was.

    -kin (ifeellikeacollectoragain.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete