Thursday, January 26, 2017

Not just Another closer...

Before we get to the closer, first a recap of another good trade I had with Mike from Not Another Baseball Card Blog. We tend to keep an eye on each others want lists and just send whatever we can to each other every now and then. In the latest go, this is what I got...


Just two non-Jays because I am trying to complete these two sets, so good help there.


Always like getting 80s/90s Fleer stickers - I know at some time I must have had the 90 sticker...wherever it ended up going to (or on what binder I stuck it back in the day) I'm not sure.


A couple horizontal cards. Love the yound Gruber - even more than the David Price shared card.


Ok - horribly ascew scan job....yikes! I never saw much of the traded cards out and about in the late 80s and early 90s, so like seeing these now. My fave is the Frank Thomas card though. I love Frank - great player - and was happy he had even a short time in Toronto so I have a good excuse for him being in my collection.


Some nice spots filled in from the Fleer 90 and Topps 90 team sets!

Great cards and I appreciate the trade as always Mike - thanks!

Mariano Rivera was one of the greatest closers of all time - definitely from his playing period. At his height, Eckersley was great as well, but maybe not as long a period as Rivera. You could go back further and find other comparisons, but I always find it hard to truly compare different playing eras.

Highlights:

Here we have a Yellow Name variation of the Mariano base card. Not the biggest of variations, but that makes it a parallel or insert to me, so a keeper. I don't like the yellow with the colour background, but that's just me personal taste.

The rest
Keepers:

That wasn't the only 2007 Topps Heritage card in the bunch, and sine we haven't had too many, here are a number of additional adds. Randy Johnson - glad he enjoyed playing as long as he did, but his best was with Seattle in my mind, just a shame the mid 90s Seattle team was unable to scratch one World Series ring for him, Griddey and company.

Traders:

Another new set today - 2007 Playoff Prestige. We have seen a lot of 2008, but nothing from 2007 until this. It is different, but I prefer 2008 myself.

More 2005 Classics baseball for trade if anyone is interested.

Through 6320 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 104 9
Inserts / Var Kept 209 28
Error 14 2
Keep 1366 196
Doubles/Sell 802 77 1118 1878 250 26
Doubles Inserts / Var 75 1 74 91

2 comments:

  1. I really am considering trying to collect those 2005 Upper Deck Classics Baseball

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will see if I can keep aside a set of duplicates - my guess is it might end up around 75% there....would give you a decent head start!

      Delete