Friday, July 7, 2017

An appropriate Icon

So first all, I am toying with an idea to follow up on the Santa Lot. I can't believe it's been a year and a half of going through the lot! Slow but steady, and quite enjoyable, hopefully it has been atleast a little entertaining to follow along.

I just wanted to provide an open invitation to any readers - I have had some early success in doing box trades (typically 800 count) as a way to trade away football and basketball cards (as well as hockey and baseball dupes) in exchange for any hockey or baseball cards I don't have. Of course Jays/Leafs are ideal, but I am open to anything baseball or hockey that I don't have as a way to get football and basketball cards to those who have better use for them.

With that rambling thought behind us...let's see what trade bait and stuff of interest, the Santa Lot has today...

Highlights:

I have mentioned liking the design on these, but add on a true Icon and frankly,. this would make an amazing insert set.

The rest
Keepers:

Nice to see a couple sets that have been very sparsely represented sets. This is probably one of my least favourite Artifacts designs - just to bland and similar to a "normal" Upper Deck release. My only real complain on the SP design is the amount of lost space on the front, but it is Joe Thornton, so I can let it go in this case.

Traders:

Two points on these (okay - three actually)...

First - A rush of additional MVP cards which are a nice low end design, but doesn't necessarily feel like it.

Second - I like the Bill Russell 2007-08 Topps card which ties into the insert set for Bill Russell from that same set.

Third - I am not sure if Childress is going to make that dunk. Awesome look on his face which say...not sure I am going to make this....

Through 8760 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
- 2009-10 Topps #321 Stephen Curry (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 140 16
Inserts / Var Kept 301 40
Error 15 2
Keep 1739 254
Doubles/Sell 1301 178 1438 2621 275 30
Doubles Inserts / Var 94 1 112 203

No comments:

Post a Comment