Thursday, July 27, 2017

Some (Sporting) News and Value Village Finds - Part 4 of 5

Another day, another Listia pick up...

Yes - just a base 2004 Topps card, but one I didn't have, and one that has a unique look and becomes only my 22nd different Vernon Wells card. One day I should take a look through and see who leads in unique cards for my collection of Jays.

With that aside - welcome back as we chug along with a week of Value Village grab bags this week. The first three days were all 1990-91 Pro Set hockey - the most error filled set of all time (I believe, but if anyone has another to bring up, please do).

Today, definitely some surprises as well, but let's start with...

Nice to atleast get a few Leafs in the pack, though the majority of today's cards were dupes we don't need to see again here - including a few basketball, but nothing we haven't seen.


Here are a couple error cards and the Vezina is from a High Liner set, so you bet I count this like McDonalds cards (similar to inserts as they are inserted with...well...High Liner products.

As for the keepers...

Interesting group here. A couple more Pro Set 1990-91 which is okay. Though I like that the one offs include one Gretzky from 1992-93 O PeeChee, and one Nolar Ryan, one Ken Griffey Jr. Not a bad threesome! The Collector card is an ad insert from 1992-93 Ultra, but nice enough I'll keep it for now.

Okay...that wasn't it. I did get the following complete set in this package - actually, almost got it two times over. Though by complete set, the checklist mentions 6 post season cards, I guess set inserts, which I didn't get any of here, put still complete...





I miss these All-Star uniforms...

Awesome! Almost makes me sad I got the earlier complete set for $2.99, when I almost got two, plus other cards for the same price! Well worth the buy here though.

No comments:

Post a Comment