Sunday, July 2, 2017

Pack Attack - Dollarama 15 - Bust-ed

So from this pack...


As soon as I opened it and glanced through the cards, I figured this was going to be a bust having spied some minor leaguers, etc. I guess we will have to go through and see if I was right...


Well, at least this is a good start to the pack. A nice 2015-16 Upper Deck entry I didn't have.


One of the Whaler greats - not as good as Ron Francis, but still one of the greats for the team.


With this set completed in English...I still have no interest in the French set so I am not keeping this one...


A completed set that I have, so no need for Barnes from 1991-92 Score Traded...

Another set I already have completed...and at this point I have to say this pack is looking fairly similar in sets to the one I opened not too long ago...

Which continues with another complete set and card I don't need...huh...very red, white and blue in this pack. This is an error card, but still already had an extra for that collection anyway.


Decent colour design and pic, but again a minor league card which is atleast a keeper for me in these...quasi major/minor mixed sets.


Well...make it two...


Would be nice if I could get more of these in the repacks - much better!


The 1990-91 Topps design mirrored O Pee Chee - or vice versa - but I only have a couple dozen Topps cards, so add this to the needs pile.


I believe, just like last time - three cards coming from three sets I have completed and don't need this one.


May not need the card, but a great player from a great team - I enjoyed ate 80s, early 90s Pens.


Minor league....didn't make it to the big time either.


Not one of the ones I needed, but I will say the team cards are nice and I miss them from the newer sets.


Lastly, a grudging keeper from another Heores and Prospects set...

Not as good as the last pack from Dollarama and a bust overall, but not as bad as I thought it would be...

As a bonus today - what was even better - another bag pick up from Value Village. I picked this one up because I saw a few blue border cards that are just too darn cute...and since I was using a coupon, the back was only $2.


These are all the Jays that were in the 150-200 cards. Most of it was 1992 Ultra, but part of the blue that I saw were the 1990 Donruss Best of The AL set. It was only these Jays, but with the blue they look so darn good, glad to get a second set of these.

The rest of the blue came from the 1987 Donruss Highlights set which is a box set, but in the bag, these were all I got. Not complaining, but the NY hat on Catfish just looks so off.

The 1987 Donruss was an example of what else was there, sprinkling of late 80s, early 90s other than the previously mentioned '92 Ultra...


Last items for the collection out of the bag - a few errors and an insert...



A bag well worth the pick up - heck, it gave me a good 50% or so of the Ultra set, the rest was bonus - and good bonus at that!



No comments:

Post a Comment