Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Making LEGO Jealous

 The good news? At least we are talking football cards...sorry for those who collect it. Man, this was a brick that would make LEGO jealous though. Not too many of the cards are in good enough condition to be trade material, but let's start with those...


1994 Playoff Contenders is the set, and just a few "normal" base cards survived. I have a feeling the rookie subset was finished slightly differently because all of those cards came out just fine, but the "normal" base cards were stuck together with their nice shiny gloss finish. It's a shame, the cards are solid cardstock. At least they will make good packing material in supporting and protecting other good cards.

I had to check though and make sure those rookie cards weren't some kind of emeral ice parallel....


Apparently stats are something we need to show in this set. At first I thought it was the rookie guys seen above, but in scanning some of the damaged cards below, for show....

We just get bios and write ups. With so many sets in the landscape, I can't complain about sets being a bit different as I am sure they have an audience, it just isn't me!

1 comment: