Wednesday, April 3, 2024

The Mid 90s

Cards from the mid 90s from the COVID lot today, and all hockey.


Koivu must have been a player that the old owner of this lot was big on collecting. There have been a number of cards in spats of the Montreal star. I think same may be true for a few others.


Skybox Emotion set is not one I really like, though they do have a nice premium feel - the design is just too 90s for my liking. I do really like the 1997-98 Pinnacle set, with John LeClair being a good example from the set here. That's why I worked on and completed it as one of my first sets coming back into the hobby about a decade ago.

A good example in the last bunch of having to check the details. You can see in the scans that the front foil on one of the three Paramount cards is different from the other two. Apparently copper foil colour was a parallel for the set, and I get a keeper with my first such card here. Easy to spot on the scan, but can see it being missed in hand if you don't know what the regular base foil looks like.

2 comments:

  1. The mid 90's were the peak of my hockey card fanfare. I really liked Skybox Emotion and 1995/96 Select Certified (for their Mirror Gold parallels).

    ReplyDelete