Monday, April 1, 2024

Not Fooling Me

 A bunch of hockey cards from the COVID lot today, and I didn't think there would be anything for me to keep, even when I first saw this...


I figured it was a minor league card, but finding it to enter it on TCDB and find out it's an O Pee Chee insert in the 1998-99 Topps set, so keeper it is, even if the subject material is of Vincent with his minor league team.

THe rest today, all traders, though Panther heavy...


I guess someone was looking for a full Panthers set here, as it was close to complete here. Not going to complain about the Captain Tomorrow subset either, decent enough cards.


I don't mind international hockey, but have no interest in collecting the cards...unless I have to as part of an NHL set I am collecting, and they are a subset, but nothing here that fits for me so....pass...


I didn't look at exactly why Jay ends up with two base cards in the same set - though I am guessing it again has to do with the international subset. A nice but cheaty way to get someone in twice I guess...but no fooling me on it....just looking for the opportunity to highlight stars more than one.

At least with baseball sets these days, they just throw a silly label on a group of guys and stick stars on the cards willy nilly. No follin;!

No comments:

Post a Comment