Tuesday, July 28, 2026

In A Half Shell

Some MTG catch up today as I picked up some more packs from earlier this year.


It came to my attention that the Play booster packs went back to multiple pack art designs where sets had moved away from that for a few years. Does mean I need three per release again instead of just one if I want to cover all the artwork.

Add in so the packs for the TMNT / MTG crossover from Universes Beyond, and it became a more expensive 401games order.

The singles from TMNT were more minimal...


Do like the use of the turtle head as the set logo. Also, there of course must be pizza! The couple play boosters though came with a purchase of...

This set is one of the nicest crossovers that I may even have a bit of interest in seeing in hand. Add in a good price, and I have some packs to open later with this one.

Great box artwork though. Going to be hard to ruin it...but alas I will at some point.

What only gets better when opening though, is PWE trades. Before signing off for today, I have one to share from TCDB member Ricky_Bobby which touches on most of the different wants I collect.


We have some base set building help. 2020 Topps flagship set is now about 90% complete, and the Bruins Ultra card - was going to be for local collector Scott, but happens to be a card I need for a set build...so I'll look for a second copy for him at some point.


Jays and Leafs are always a priority. Pearson completes the Prospect Jays insert team set of four cards, while the Marnet Superstar Showcase is the second Leaf for completing that insert set.

Additional copies of Leaf cards from Timmies sets I work to complete, and other TImmies cards are always a welcome addition too. I'll have to go put those into the respective binders....which, one day hopefully will actually get completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment