Today's 2026 Lot pulls are basketball, and a ew sets I recall from my childhood get represented. Even as a kid, I didn't collect basketball, but I did have some cross by my hands.
1990-91 SkyBox was THE set as a kid when it came to basketball. I remember these cards were everywhere. Looking back, I don't think the design is great and holds up over time, but it is an iconic set that I have fond memories of for nostalgia reasons alone.
Similar can be said for 1992-93 Fleer, though I like the design more, it's mostly a nostalgic memory that makes me smile seeing those sets.
I definitely wasn't seeing much by the mid 90s, so any 1995-96 Collector's Choice basketball I have seen was from recent years and lot purchases of old cards.
Props to a nice Lowry card, and with more 2023-24 Donruss, I tool a look and I am really only missing about a dozen cards from having a complete pure base set which is pretty cool. I think I'll be trading the cards away here and there and not as a full near set, but still cool to see almost all of it in one go.
Unfortunately the few 1991-92 Fleer cards are a bit beat up so, still nostalgic to see, but nothing worth trading so, packing material they be!




No comments:
Post a Comment