Monday, March 28, 2016

Highlights are for keeps - that's it...

To start off - won a few Leaf cards on Listia which I thought I'd share. They are not in the greatest of conditions - so many I'd like to replace with better quality cards, but I didn't have any of them, so better these than none:

A nice grouping of O Pee Chee cards. Along with these the seller threw in the following:

A very crisp reprint of the Wayne Gretzky rookie card. Again, I don't think I want to keep it long term - probably worth getting rid of along side the Bobby Orr reprint rookie, but luckily much better quality card here, and a good reprint job from the look of the card, and feel.

Santa Lot 20 today is highlighted by the fact that the only highlight is the few cards I am keeping...not a great 20, but not every pack can be a winner...

Highlights:

It would have been interesting if Theodore would have stuck around Montreal - not sure if it would have changed his career staying there for better or worse, but interesting to think how it may have been changed.

The rest
Traders:

I don't mind the Gold Medallion as a parallel, and Kevin Garnett I remember from way back and the commercials with little Garnett (I can't remember if it was animatronics, or whatever, but Garnett was a big deal back in the day - not along the lines of Jordan, but mainstream enough. Also like when the parallels are the same across the different sports.

Until next time!

Summary (through 1460 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 27 3                
Inserts / Var Kept 69 3                
Error 1 1                
Keep 392 62                
Doubles/Sell 126 8 271 204 224 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 11 9 30            

No comments:

Post a Comment