Friday, March 11, 2016

Well, atleast Martin St. Louis got a laugh....

Today's Santa Lot 20 is highlighted by another superstar McDonald's hockey card...

Highlights:

As he should be, Martin St. Lois as a Bolt. Whenever I see a St. Lois card as a Bolt it reminds of a game I went to with my wife a number of years ago - Bolts vs. Leafs. We arrived early to watch the pre-game skates, and the seats were 4th row. Early on when the Lightning took the ice, I was focused on watch Martin skate around and noting, in relationship to the other players how he definitely was on the small size (though his stature is what allowed him to be so swift). Meanwhile one of the Bolt players started whipping pucks at the glass right in front of us (no one else was really around in seats yet) and it scarred the heck out of my wife. A couple of the Bolt players including St. Louis had a good laugh (as did I quietly to myself).

The rest
Keepers:

Glad to get another 2005 classic card and Joe Morgan is a great player/personality.

Traders:

I don't need them or plan to keep them but definitely some star power in the Threads cards here - Flacco, Williams and Manning.

Summary (through 1240 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 22 2                
Inserts / Var Kept 63 3                
Error 1                
Keep 326 38                
Doubles/Sell 96 5 231 162 224 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 10 8 30            

No comments:

Post a Comment