Friday, March 25, 2016

Let's see if there's anything of interest today...

First a quick, and not surprising update regarding the Bobby Orr rookie card...I took it to From Hockey to Hollywood and their extremely strong thought is that it is a fake/reprint because the colour is off, and card stock seems off (which I can't say I would have known). So no surprise, and no harm done for the half cent or so the card put me back. I am debating, but don't think it is something I am going to keep in my collection, so if it can be of use to anyone, let me know!

Otherwise - another Santa Lot 20 to go through today...

Highlights:

Another 2007-08 Upper Deck Leaf - one I didn't have previously which is a nice grab out of the 20.

The rest
Keepers:

More cards from sets we've seen, including a Chelios Red Wing card and all around decent player shots, but no stand out photos really in the group.

Traders:

I already have one extra of the Jason Kidd, but at least it a name I recognize, as is Collins - though that is about it for me and my uneducated (re football and basketball) ways.

Summary (through 1440 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 27 3                
Inserts / Var Kept 69 3                
Error 1 1                
Keep 389 62                
Doubles/Sell 122 8 264 199 224 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 11 8 30            

No comments:

Post a Comment